So far, I’ve not been very good at this daily posting thing, but hopefully I’ll do better in the future.
So Mondays are very busy and tiring for me. I’m gone from 7 o’clock in the morning to 2 o’clock in the afternoon, then leave at 3:45 and get back at 8 o’clock at night. As you may have already guessed, I don’t really have much free time on these days. -.-
Anyway, I really struggle with being thankful on Mondays. In fact, when I get home, I’m usually complaining. Yes, complaining. Not talking about how I learned in class. Not thanking my parents for driving me. Not even thanking God for the opportunity to be with my friends all day.
Reality check: Even days when you are really tired and think that the day is a total wreck, you still have a lot to be thankful for.
- Having a mom who is willing to drive you to classes at 7 o’clock in the morning
- Yummy things to keep me going
- The ability to learn
- Those little things
- Air conditioning when the car has been sitting in the sun
- A best choir in the world
- A father who works every day so I can eat, have clothes, etc.
It is now the second day of my little challenge to myself. I never really thought about how hard it was to consciously sit down and thank God for things. It’s a daily struggle that I didn’t even think about.
Have you thanked God today?
- Thanksgiving lunches (where you get leftovers to eat on for days)
- The ability to even breathe
- The freedom to worship freely
- Warm socks
- An older sister that I can talk to about almost anything.
- Fall weather
- My Bible
- Having a roof over my head
- Being able to write fiction
With Thanksgiving fast on approach, I figured this was the proper time to talk about what I’m thankful for.
Now, the list could go on for miles if I really thought about it, but do I? Do I spend time being thankful every day? If I truly sat down, each day, and thanked God for all He has given each day by name, it would take all day.
So my goal is to think of ten things each day (until Thanksgiving) to be thankful for. Would you like to join me? If I miss a day, I will post the proper amount the next day.
- A roof over my head
- Food and drink
- God’s amazing grace
- The freedom to homeschool
- The beautiful fall colors